About Salem Lutheran Church
In 2009, Salem adopted a new mission statement: “Living Christ’s Love.” Everything done here at Salem strives toward “Living Christ’s Love.” All the programs, committees, and outreach to the community represent how Salem is “Living Christ’s Love.”
Salem Lutheran Church was organized in 1870 when a small group of Swedish immigrants established the Congregation. The church has worshiped in 4 buildings throughout its 132 year history in Sycamore, Illinois. The current facility was built in 1970 and is located at 1145 DeKalb Avenue, kiddie-corner from Farm-N-Fleet on Route 23.